The Lituation is a spirited conversation over drinks.
The Lituation is where I share my favorite wines, spirits, cocktails and concoctions …, sometimes paired with a book.
Took a sip, then another sip then someone said to me…
My current situation. A lituation.
The Lemon Drop is one of my favorite cocktails!
I recently learned that it was popular in the 80s, though originated during the 1970s in San Francisco.
Hillstone on Park Avenue South in Manhattan [pictured above and shot by P] makes it best.
It’s lusciously balanced — not too tart, not too sweet.
Serve it at your next book club:
Mix the following in an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake vigorously:
- 2 oz. vodka
- 3 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz. triple sec
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- *Pour into a martini glass.
- Garnish with lemon twist.
*My preference is to serve it [and sip it] with a sugared lip. If you have the time, before you mix your cocktail, treat your guests to a sweet rim:
- Pour sugar into a shallow bowl or dish.
- Slice a fresh lemon and rub the wedge around the rim of the glass.
- Place each glass upside down in the sugar.
- Gently twist and turn the glass to ensure the entire rim is covered.
- Turn your glass right side up.
- Carefully pour your cocktail mixture into each glass as not to disturb the sugared lip.